If you would like your YouTube videos to appear natively in your app, our team will need to connect to your account directly.
To do this, we will ask you for your YouTube API Key.
The YouTube API is an application programming interface that allows you to embed videos, curate playlists, and offer other YouTube functionalities on your website or, in this case, your app.
1. Log in to the Google Developers Console.
Go to the Google Developers Console and log in using your YouTube login details (email address and password).
2. In the navigation menu on the left-hand side, select APIs & Services, and then Credentials.
3. Select Create Project.
For Project Name, we suggest "YouTube API Key for Fabrik App".
Location: No organisation.
4. Select your new project.
5. In the navigation menu on the left-hand side, select APIs & Services, and then Library.
6. Scroll down to the YouTube section, and select YouTube Data API v3.
7. Click Enable.
8. On the left-hand menu of the screen that appears, select Credentials.
9. At the top of the screen towards the centre, click on the +Create Credentials link.
10. From the drop-down, select API key.
Your new API key will appear in a pop-up window as a string of letters.
11. Send the API key to us.
Obtaining your Channel ID
In some instances, you may need to obtain a YouTube channel ID.
Follow this guide on how to do so.